Not Sure How to Properly Dispose of Something?
- Use the Green Guide! It helps you determine the best way to get rid of your stuff. It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recycled and how to recycle it, and lets you know about items that need to be kept out of the garbage because of their effect on our health and our environment.
- Call ahead to verify the location, materials collected and hours of operation.
About this directory: This information was compiled by Dakota County. For additional recyclers in your area, search online. Any recycler wishing to be added to this list may contact email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this directory is compiled as a service to residents. A listing in this directory does not imply an endorsement of approval by Dakota County. All businesses listed in the directory are responsible for complying with all applicable local, state and federal laws pertaining to recycling, waste disposal and environmental protection.
Residential and Commercial Hauling
The City of Hastings has a one-hauler system for residential recycling & garbage collection. City code requires that all residential property units or less must use the City's current residential hauler. Effective January 1, 2013, the City's exclusive residential hauler is Tennis Sanitation.
- For information on what can be included with your curbside recycling, please click here.
- If you are experiencing service issues or would like to adjust your level of service, please contact Tennis Sanitation directly at 651-459-1887. You can also visit their website.
- Questions on City Recycling and Garbage Services? Contact City of Hastings at 651-480-6182 or Tennis Sanitation 651-459-1887
- Tennis Sanitation takes all trash to the Recycling and Energy Center in Newport, MN to be incinerated and turned into energy.
If you own commercial property or residential property with more than four units, you may elect to have your solid waste collection from any of the City's licensed haulers.
City Licensed Waste Haulers - Commercial