The City of Hastings administers State Primary and State General Elections.
General Election - Tuesday November 6, 2018
- City Hall will be open Saturday November 3rd from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm for early voting for all precincts
Absentee Voting Information
What if I’m Gone on Election Day? Absentee voting for the November 6, 2018 General Election will begin September 21, 2018.
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Absentee Ballot Status
- PUBLIC NOTICE Absentee Voting 20180912
- PUBLIC NOTICE Absentee Ballot Board 2018
Quick Tips Election & Voting Information
- Who Represents Me? Who is eligible to vote?
- Are you registered to vote?
- Where do you vote?
- Voting in Minnesota: What you can expect
On Line Voter Registration
Ward Map and Polling Place Locations
**PLEASE NOTE: Ward 4, Precinct 2 will now be voting at Crossroads Church (225 33rd St W)**
Work at the Polling Place as an Election Judge
Candidate Filing Information
Locally, the Mayor and two At-Large Council positions will be on the ballot in 2018. Candidates must be a resident of the City of Hastings. Candidate filing is open from Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 8:00 am – Tuesday June 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Deadline for candidate withdrawal is June 7th at 5:00 p.m.
Current Candidate Filings
2018 Campaign Reports
2018 Candidate Information
- Affidavit of Candidacy
- Address of Residence Form *Only needed if you select "My residence address is to be classified as private data" on the Affadavit of Candidacy.
- Affidavit of Withdrawal Form
- Campaign Report Certification of Filing
- Campaign Financial Report
- MNDot Letter to Candidates
- Campaign Manual
Campaign Signage Regulations
In an effort to treat all political candidates consistently and fairly, the City of Hastings administers a process to enforce State regulations related to the placement of signs in City right-of-way and City property. The rules apply to political campaign signs for all candidates, regardless of whether they are seeking school, City, county, state or federal offices.
Consistent with the laws of the State of Minnesota, campaign, private and commercial signs are not allowed in the following locations:
Public right-of-way for State Highways, including Trunk Highway 61, Trunk Highway 55 and Trunk Highway 316
County property and public right-of-way for County Roads
Postings and Publications
- Notice of Filing for Candidacy
- Absentee Voting Begins 6-29-18
- Absentee Ballot Board Meets
- Notice of 2018 Primary Election
- Notice of Public Accuracy Testing
- Absentee Voting Begins 9-21-18
- Absentee Ballot Board Meets
- Notice of 2018 General Election
- Public Accuracy Test
- Canvass Results of General Election
Historical Candidate Campaign Reports
- Bryan Alpaugh 2016 Campaign Reports
- Danna Elling Schultz 2016 Campaign Reports
- Joe Balsanek 2016 Campaign Reports
- Lisa A. Leifeld 2016 Campaign Reports
- Tina Folch 2016 Campaign Reports
- Tony Nelson 2016 Campaign Reports
- Trevor Lund 2016 Campaign Reports