Street Light Outage

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What should I do if I notice a street light is out or on all of the time?

The vast majority of street lights in the City are owned and operated by private utility companies such as Dakota Electric or Xcel Energy. City crews do not perform light bulb changes on these lamps, however, we make a point to report outages to the responsible company as soon as we are notified.

Contact the Public Works Dept. at 651-480-6185 and we will call it in to either Dakota Electric or Xcel Energy depending on the location of the pole.