Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

What is my property zoned?
The main zoning districts in the City of Hastings are industrial, residential, public, agricultural and commercial uses.  The Zoning Map is available for your viewing.

Where are my property lines?
Please select the following link to the Dakota County Real Estate Website. You will need to enter in your address and then “go.”  Select your address and street from the list provided and select “go.”  A picture of your property will be displayed.

When does the Planning Commission meet?
The Planning Commission meets the second and fourth Mondays at 7:00 pm.  All meeting are held at the City of Hastings City Hall at 406 4th Street W.

Do I need a permit before I install a fence, deck, garage, shed, or carport?
Permits are required prior to the installation or building of a fence, deck, garage, accessory structure, shed, or carport.  Please see this page for application information

How do I contact the townships that surround Hastings?
Nininger Township: (651) 437-4282
Marshan Township: (651) 437-2059
Ravenna Township: (651) 480-1902

When do businesses need to apply for a sign permit?
Businesses are required to obtain a sign permit prior to erecting any temporary or permanent sign.  In addition, a sign permit is required for refacing an existing sign.  A sign permit is not required for construction related signs.  Temporary sign permits can be obtained here and permanent sign permits can be found here.