Rivertown Dog Park
The Rivertown Dog Park is part of the City of Hastings Park System and is intended as a fun and safe off-leash facility for dog owners and their pets. Park users are expected to treat other patrons with respect, to take responsibility for the behavior of their pets, and to solve disputes or animal behavior issues with common sense that fosters safety first and patron friendly environment.
For the safety and enjoyment of all park visitors the following rules of conduct shall be in effect at all times.
Use of the Rivertown Dog Park is at your own risk. Owners are responsible and liable for injury or damage inflicted by their dogs.
- Park Hours: Daily 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Owners must immediately pick up their dog’s waste. Please dispose of the waste in the provided receptacles.
- No more than three dogs are allowed per person and owners must carry a 6’ leash for each dog.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted. If your dog becomes unruly or plays rough, please leash it immediately and leave.
- Owners must keep unleashed dogs in sight, under voice control at all times.
- Dogs must always be leashed outside of fenced dog park area including the parking lot.
- Dogs must be licensed, vaccinated and be wearing up-to-date license tags at all times.
- Remove prong and/or spike collars while in the dog park.
- Female dogs in heat and puppies under the age of 4 months are not permitted.
- Unattended dogs are not allowed at any time.
- Do not allow dogs to dig; excessive barking is prohibited.
- Young children under the age of 14 must be supervised by a responsible adult. Younger children must be close enough to hold hands with their responsible parent or supervising adult.
- Smoking is not permitted in the park or parking area.
- Eating is not permitted in the park.
- Bicycles, skateboards and scooters are not permitted in the park.
PLEASE NOTE: If you live within Hastings City Limits, your dog must be licensed and be wearing current tags to visit the park. Please see our Licenses page for more information. If you live outside of Hastings city limits or in another community, at a minimum your dog must be wearing current rabies vaccination tags.
Please report any hazards or safety concerns to the Hastings Parks & Recreation Department 651-480-6175.
Do you have an immediate concern? Call our After Hours line 651-480-6183
If you have an emergency call 911