94.02 Park Curfew
- It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to enter or remain in parks between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. (11:00 pm at Veterans Athletic Complex)
94.03 Authorized Persons
- All persons are authorized persons if:
- A participant in, or bona fide spectator at, any activity at an indoor ice arena, lighted tennis court, or a city-sponsored and supervised activity;
- Participating in any activity sponsored by an individual or group association to whom the city has issued a written permit;
- Custodial or maintenance personnel performing their official duties.
94.04 Glass Beverage Containers Prohibited
- It is unlawful for any person to bring into, use or discard, in any City park, any glass beverage containers, including but not limited to pop, beer and water bottles, drinking glasses and drinking cups.
94.05 Additional Unlawful Acts
- Build or maintain a recreational fire in any park except in places or facilities provided.
- Drive or operate any motorized vehicle of any type whatsoever in any area of a park other than parking lots and designated roadways, it being specifically prohibited hereby to operate any motorized vehicles on any bicycle path, hiking trail, or walkway.
- Intoxicating malt liquor, wine, or 3.2% malt liquor is allowed in City Parks between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. At Veterans Athletic Complex, wine or intoxicating malt liquor is allowed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. It is unlawful for any person to consume or be in possession of intoxicating liquor in any City park at any time.
- Commit any nuisance or any offense against decency or public morals.
- Paste, affix or inscribe any handbill or poster on any structure or property on any place, square or roadway surrounding a park.
- Disturb or interfere with any birds, animals, animal habitat or nesting area in a park.
- Sell or offer for sale any articles, food or beverage without a permit, lease or concession granted by the City.
- It is unlawful for any person to allow his or her unleashed dog to be in any city park or field to pick up animal waste as required by 91.34
- It is unlawful for any person to allow or permit a dog to be on any public property or private property, not owned or possessed by that person, unless that person is in immediate possession of equipment to remove and carry dog feces to a proper receptacle located on property owned or possessed by that person
- It is unlawful for any person having custody or control of a dog to fail to pick up any feces of the dog and dispose of them in a proper receptacle located on property owned or possessed by the person
- The provisions of this section shall not apply to the ownership or use of service dogs or dogs used in police or rescue activities
- Write upon or mark or deface in any manner, or use in any improper way any property or thing pertaining to or in a park.
- Refuse to obey all orders or directions of authorized City Personnel.
- Break, cut, mutilate, injure, remove or carry away any tree, plant, flower, shrub, rock, soil, sand, fence, benches, tables or any other City property.
- Schedule and hold large gatherings without a written permit from the City.
- Be in possession of any explosive, bow and arrow, or other similar device; provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall prohibit the discharge of fireworks by an organization or group of organizations authorized in writing by the City Council
- Engage in any on-sale 3.2% beer sales in the Veterans Park Athletic Complex without first obtaining the necessary license from the City.
- Set up any tent, temporary shelter, camp trailer, concession wagon or horse trailer without written permission from the Director of Parks and Recreation.
- Discharge any pollutants into any body of water in any park.
94.06 Special Regulations for Lake Rebecca Park
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained to the contrary, it shall be unlawful for any person to do any of the following acts or things in Lake Rebecca Park:
- Operate any type of motor powered boat upon Lake Rebecca except that electric powered boats shall be allowed.
- Consume or be in possession of beer, wine, or liquor, whatsoever.
- Suffer or permit any dog, cat, or other pet whatsoever within the beach area of said Lake Rebecca.
- Bring into, be in possession of, or use any glass beverage containers, whatsoever.
- The feeding of waterfowl within Lake Rebecca Park is prohibited.