City of Hastings Park Rules
- It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to enter or remain in parks between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. (11:00 pm at Veterans Athletic Complex)
- Build or maintain a recreational fire in any park except in places or facilities provided.
- It is unlawful for any person to bring into, use or discard, in any City park, any glass beverage containers, including but not limited to pop, beer and water bottles, drinking glasses and drinking cups.
- Drive or operate any motorized vehicle of any type whatsoever in any area of a park other than parking lots and designated roadways, it being specifically prohibited hereby to operate any motorized vehicles on any bicycle path, hiking trail, or walkway.
- Intoxicating malt liquor, wine, or 3.2% malt liquor is allowed in City Parks between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. At Veterans Athletic Complex, wine or intoxicating malt liquor is allowed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. It is unlawful for any person to consume or be in possession of intoxicating liquor in any City park at any time.
- Commit any nuisance or any offense against decency or public morals.
- Paste, affix or inscribe any handbill or poster on any structure or property on any place, square or roadway surrounding a park.
- Disturb or interfere with any birds, animals, animal habitat or nesting area in a park.
- Sell or offer for sale any articles, food or beverage without a permit, lease or concession granted by the City.
- Suffer or permit his unleashed cat or dog to be therein.
- It is unlawful for any person to allow or permit a dog to be on any public property or private property, not owned or possessed by that person, unless that person is in immediate possession of equipment to remove and carry dog feces to a proper receptacle located on property owned or possessed by that person.
- It is unlawful for any person having custody or control of a dog to fail to pick up any feces of the dog and dispose of them in a proper receptacle located on property owned or possessed by such person.
- The provisions of the last two rules shall not apply to the ownership or use of service dogs or dogs used in police or rescue activities.
- Write upon or mark or deface in any manner, or use in any improper way any property or thing pertaining to or in a park.
- Refuse to obey all orders or directions of authorized City Personnel.
- Break, cut, mutilate, injure, remove or carry away any tree, plant, flower, shrub, rock, soil, sand, fence, benches, tables or any other City property.
- Schedule and hold large gatherings without a written permit from the City.
- Be in possession of any gun, firearm, air gun, pellet gun, explosive, bow and arrow, or other similar device; provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall prohibit the discharge of fireworks by an organization or group of organizations authorized in writing by the City Council, nor as to the discharge of firearms, shall this paragraph apply to peace officer in the discharge of his duties.
- Engage in any on-sale 3.2 beer sales in the Veterans Park Athletic Complex without first obtaining the necessary license from the City.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to ride or propel themselves upon rollerblades, roller skates, roller skis or skateboards in any of the following areas of the City of Hastings : Any property or parking lot owned by the City, County, State or Federal Governments and any public tennis court.
- Park motor vehicles anywhere except designated areas and no overnight parking.
Special Regulations for Lake Rebecca Park:
Notwithstanding anything herein contained to the contrary, it shall be unlawful for any person to do any of the following acts or things in Lake Rebecca Park:
- Operate any type of motor powered boat upon Lake Rebecca except that electric powered boats shall be allowed.
- Consume or be in possession of beer, wine, or liquor, whatsoever.
- Suffer or permit any dog, cat, or other pet whatsoever within the beach area of said Lake Rebecca.
- Bring into, be in possession of, or use any glass beverage containers, whatsoever.
- The feeding of waterfowl within Lake Rebecca Park is prohibited.