With our historic downtown, thriving industrial park, and extensive parks and trail systems, Hastings, which lies along the Mississippi River, celebrates its history and welcomes growth. The City of Hastings works hard to ensure our city is a great place to live and do business. We strive to provide the tools and resources necessary to assist in development opportunities and continued growth. We welcome your questions and look forward to working with you!
Hastings, MN is conveniently located at the southeast corner of the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area and just minutes from:
•St. Paul - 25 miles/29 minutes
•Minneapolis - 31 miles/35 minutes
•MSP Airport - 25 miles/28 minutes
Hastings’ location offers the shortest distance to national markets in the south and east. Major highways include:
• US Hwy 61: efficient four lane highway access to Minneapolis and St. Paul, as well as other major highways, including I-494, I-94, and I-35.
• MN 55: reliable, congestion free connection to US Hwy 52, Rochester,MN and I-90.
Hastings is home to approximately 900 businesses that employ over 17,500 individuals.
• Percentage of people employed in production, transportation, and material moving occupations (13.5%) is well above the metro average (11.2%), which illustrates a workforce specialization of
• Estimated 1,113 manufacturing jobs located in Hastings, which is nearly 14% of its total workforce population.
• Well-educated population; 93.8% hold at least a high-school diploma, with over 25% of adults being college graduates.
• Within 20 minutes of both Dakota County Technical College and Inver Hills Community College. The University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin-River Falls, Metropolitan State University and numerous private universities and colleges are within 30 miles of Hastings.
PARKS & RECREATION
With over 400 acres of green space, including 33 city parks and over 28 miles of trails, Hastings offers one of the most scenic trail systems in the metro area!
Economic Development Coordinator
101 4th St East
Hastings, MN 55033