Council Creates Flexibility for Business during Pandemic
On May 18th the City Council took several actions to assist Hastings’ businesses by providing additional options to conduct business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Actions were established in cooperation with the Hastings Downtown Business Association (DBA) and provide greater flexibility for businesses throughout Hastings including:
- Specific sidewalk cafes within the downtown are granted additional space for seating. Expansions including liquor service require separate Council approval. Please contact John Hinzman ASAP for Council consideration at the June 1st City Council meeting.
- Downtown businesses are allowed greater use of the sidewalk for commerce upon completion of a Sidewalk Use Permit
- Large downtown planters can be converted to tabletop seating. The DBA is working on plans for City review.
- More tables will be placed under the TH 61 bridge, downtown, and the riverfront to provide additional dining of take out orders.
- Up to 25% of a private parking lot can be converted into outdoor seating areas or take out areas.
- The City will be more lenient with temporary signage.
Please contact John Hinzman at 651-480-2378 with any questions.